I hope to start a new weekly post on Monday about the week's plans and goals and then follow up later in the week with a report on how it went. I need the accountability and organization.
Since we just got back from 8 wonderful days of camping, I'm feeling refreshed and clear-headed and hopefully can get more summer fun crammed in along with planning for the new school year!
Top Three Goals:
1. Finish the camping laundry
(lots of Tide with febreeze, and oxi-clean to get out the sand, filth, and smoke)
2. Work on plans for the homeschool
(Sell old books, buy new, quarterly plans, and co-op)
3. Food prep
(Make and freeze quick breakfast stuff... so tired of the expense and non-satisfying cold cereal mornings)
Meals for the week:
Breakfasts: Hopefully I'll have frozen re-heatables made up (goal #3). Pancakes, waffles, breakfast burritos, Instant oatmeal packs, egg bowls.
Lunches: Sandwiches, left overs, and if I have time I'll make a couple batches of pizza rolls.
Dinners: One pot chicken and potatoes, taco night, crockpot lasagna, crockpot chicken tatertot casserole, homemade pizza, Turkey lettuce wraps, and then a night of DIY or leftovers.
1. Get the Corinthians doodle and map videos filmed, edited, and uploaded.
2. Finish and publish two blog posts.
3. Brainstorm/think through Bible Journal and Doodle subscription group and what it would include.
What I'm reading:
Women of the Word by Jen Wilkin (SO excited to get into this one! A friend at camping loves it, and it's been on my shelf for too long!)
The Lost World by Arthur Conan Doyle (Finishing this one up from our book club meeting last month, almost done, and a fun read by the author of Sherlock Holmes, and inspiration for Michael Crichton's book of the same name.)
What I'm studying in my Bible:
I'm reading multiple times through 1 Timothy now. Getting ready to write the next study and finding verses to meditate over.
Habits I am working on:
1. Couch to 5k with my boys (we've kind of moved from the app to just running the high school track for now, we might go back to the app when the track circles get too mind-numbing)
2. Filling a bucket 3 times a week with weeds and yard work stuff.
3. Drinking 36+ oz of water a day (filling my water bottle at least two times)
4. Making double of one meal a week and freezing for those in need.
Need accountability on:
1. Daily setting GetColdTurkey.com so I can be in charge of my email/computer time, not have it be in charge of me.
2 . Knocking at least one item off our Summer Bucket List.
What are you doing this week? I'd love to be inspired!